Finding Your VPN Connection Credentials
How to find your VPN Connection Credentials from various providers. If your provider is not listed visit their website for help
Some VPN providers issue one username and password. This same username and password is used to connect to your VPN and also to log into your VPN account dashboard. Amongst providers using just one username and password are IPVanish, Vyper and Ivacy.
For increased security more and more VPN providers are now using different details to connect your VPN to the ones used to log into your account. They are calling these 'VPN Connection Credentials'.
We get many questions about this. We have listed how you can find your VPN connection credentials with some of the most common VPN providers below. If your provider is not here then log into you VPN account and look for your VPN Credentials or contact your VPN providers support team for more information.
Finding your Express VPN OpenVPN username and password (Connection Credentials):
Go to https://www.expressvpn.com/sign-in and sign into your account
Once you have clicked the link in the welcome email or signed
in to the website, click on Set Up on More Devices.
Click on Manual Config on the left side of the screen and then select the OpenVPN
tab on the right. you will first see your OpenVPN username and password.
These are the details you need to use in your Guardian Router
To use SurfShark on your Guardian Router you will need your SurfShark 'Service Credentials'
* Surfshark service credentials are different from your Surfshark account credentials, namely your email address and your password. You’ll need your unique Surfshark service credentials to connect to SurfShark VPN using the Guardian Security App.
Here is how you can get your Surfshark service credentials:
Go to https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual on the Surfshark website. This is the page where you can find all the details required for manual connection which are required by the guardian Security App.
Enter your email address and your password, then click Log in.
Scroll down to the bottom of the https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual page. You will find Surfshark service credentials there.
To use Nord on a Guardian Router you will need your Nord 'Service
* Nord service credentials are different from your Nord account credentials, namely your email address and your password. You will need your unique Nord service credentials to connect to Nord VPN using the Guardian Security App.
Here is how you can get your Nord service credentials:
Go to https://my.nordaccount.com/dashboard/. This is the page where you can find all the details required for advanced connection which are required by the Guardian Security App. Enter your email address and your password, then click Log in.
Click NordVPN on the left menu
Scroll down until you see the ‘Advanced Configuration’ section.
You will now see your service credentials.
(click on the eye symbol to reveal the password)
Obtaining your CyberGhost VPN Credentials
1. Log in to your account on the CyberGhost website.
2. Select My Devices.
3. Select Other and then Configure New Device.
4. Set Protocol to OpenVPN. Select the Country you would like to connect to. Select the Server Group. Name the device in the Device Name field. Click Save Configuration.
5. Press View configuration.
6.The Username, and Password displayed are your VPN Connection Credentials
Your IPVanish VPN Connection Credentials are the same as the credentials you use to log into your IPVanish Account.
They will be your email address and your password