Linksys WRT1900ACS VPN Router Guardian Security App VPN Router
- Dual Core 1600MHZ CPU
- Dual Band 2.4GHZ / 5GHZ WiFi
- 4x Gigabit LAN Ports
- 1x USB 2.0 eSATA expansion 1x USB 3.0 expansion
The Linksys WRT1900ACS is a 'mid range' VPN Router with plenty of punch. It has Dual Band 2.4GHZ/ 5GHZ WIFI with 1800sq ft coverage and a fast Dual Core 1600MHZ CPU. The WRT1900ACS is very under rated and many people tend to choose the Netgear R7000 or R7000P as a better option. The WRT1900ACS has a much faster CPU than either of these Netgear models and hence, runs a faster VPN. The little bit extra the WRT1900ACS costs compared to the netgear alternatives is worth another 20>30mbps VPN speed and well worth it.The WRT1900ACS handles multiple connected devices, streams up to 4K IPTV and allows protected online gaming whilst still protecting all of the devices on your network
- Guardian Security Router App
- DNSCrypt - Turns regular DNS traffic into encrypted DNS traffic that is secure from eavesdropping, man-in-the-middle attacks and defeats any ISPs 'Transparent DNS Proxy' like Sky in the UK by encrypting the DNS lookups
- Kill Switch
- OpenVPN client and server PPTP client
- Advanced Qos (Quality of Service) controls for bandwidth allocation to your various Network connections.
- WDS wireless bridging/repeating protocol AKA the "Repeater Bridge" mode, which allows you to easily expand your network using a second wireless router.
- Built-in DNS (Domain Name System) caching - speeds up your connection to an array of sites
- VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) Support NAT (Network Address Translation) support
Linksys WRT1900ACS Guardian Security App VPN Router